DNA Networks, the pioneers in mega live entertainment in India bring to you
SOUND AWAKE, an EDM festival in Bangalore which will create a single platform for performances by top international artistes.
SOUND AWAKE seeks to redefine EDM, and change the perception of Electronic Dance Music in India. The influence of this genre of music on the audience has been tremendous over the last decade. The festival will feature 4 stages and is being held in collaboration with dance record label giants Ministry of Sound and HedKandi.
In tandem with the world’s top dance record labels, DNA with SOUND AWAKE is set to bring the best of the world’s EDM to India.
The festival will be held at Supernova Arena & Convention Centre, Yelahanka, Airport Road, Bangalore-560064- the newest addition to other live entertainment areas in Bangalore.
The Ministry of Sound is the world’s largest dance music brand. DJs such as Ferry Costen, Gareth Emery, Hardwell, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Sander Van Doorn and other famous Disc Jockeys have been associated with the Ministry at some point in their careers. From a training academy to night clubs in most parts of the world, the Ministry of Sound churns out the best of EDM in the world.
HedKandi is a UK-based record label whose catalogue includes both artist albums and various genres of club compilations. As well as producing music albums & compilations, they host events all over the world. It epitomizes a distinct brand of upbeat House music accompanied by a live saxophonist and percussion player. They have an exclusive team of DJs who produce contemporary and classic house music that unites the souls in passion on the dance floor.
DNA Entertainment Pvt Ltd’s MD, T. Venkat Vardhan on Sound Awake – “SOUND AWAKE is a brand new initiative which will enhance the diverse portfolio of live events that we at DNA Networks promote and produce. The main festival in Bangalore will be preceeded by celebratory pre-gigs with with some of our featured DJs on 2nd August, in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
21 DJs, 5 cities, 2 days of festivity and 1 festival; it is going to be a unique experience that awaits music fans of the Electronic Dance Music genre.”
In Bangalore, the venue Supernova will feature four live stage sets which will be a visual treat for the EDM enthusiasts. The stage set ups are as follows-
DNA LIVE STAGE is the main stage that will have top international artistes’ performances. They are as follows-
- Taboo who has churned out hits like ‘Boom Boom Pow’, ‘I Gotta Feeling’ & ‘The Time (Dirty Bit) with The Black Eyed Peas and simultaneously has started a single career in EDM genre.
- Darude, the Finnish DJ who belted hits like ‘Sandstorm’, ‘Feel the Beat’ & ‘I Ran So Far Away’.
- Yves Larock, writer and producer of hits like ‘Zookey’, ‘Rise Up’ & ‘Until Tomorrow’ who is in demand for both his DJ skills and music skills.
- The Shapeshifters, the duo who are the stalwarts of British dance culture and producers of Britain’s most successful ever dance acts such as ‘Lola’s Theme’, ‘Back To Basics’ and ‘Incredible’ and remixes for the likes of George Michael, Christina Aguilera, Moby and Natalie Imbruglia.
- Dirty Vegas, the British house music trio who gained mainstream popularity with tracks like ‘Days Go By’ and ‘Walk Into the Sun’.
MINISTRY OF SOUND STAGE will feature the top resident DJs of their clubs around the world who will perform on this stage. They are as follows-
- Shane Kehoe, one of the Ministry’s longest standing official world tour DJs who has been making music since the 90’s. He has played alongside giants Afrojack, Moby and Deep Knight.
- Tim Cullen, with his warm uplifting, energetic sound and the impressive catalogue of performances, he is often seen playing alongside many of the World’s most respected names, including Paul Oakenfold.
- Patrick Hagenaar, hailing from Holland is the key resident for Ministry’s global tours has fans across all continents. He has remixed Toni Braxton, Professor Green and Kesha’s ‘We R who we R’.
- Santero, who has been rocking dance floors across Europe for well over a decade is one of the most versatile party- starters in the business. He is pushing boundaries of modern house music and is a true DJs DJ.
HedKandi STAGE will feature artistes that truly epitomise the sounds of the HedKandi international dance floors like Chris Frater, Joelle Atkins, Dan Van alongside percussionists Aimee Jay and Roxy.P on saxophone.
INDI STAGE will feature artistes who represent the vast DJ
community in India. This stage will cherish the local dance culture in an effort to recognise and encourage the Indian talents in this genre.
The live audience will be treated to a visual experience which is a huge part of EDM and its versatile sets. The stunning performances will be accompanied by other features that include the world famous Goan flea markets, gaming zones, F&B areas. The flea market will have kiosks which have been hand-picked from the various flea bazaars of Goa which sell authentic handicrafts, hand-made leather goods, beautiful jewellery, ceramics, clothing, trinkets and a mound of other accessories. The fascination of shopping at the Goan flea market can be experienced here.
Official SoundAwake merchandise will be available at the venue. You can choose from a range of products which are designed keeping in mind the diverse audience of the music festival. An eclectic mix of music, beverages, food and audience will be on offer at the festival all day long.
More details and tickets for SoundAwake are available on the following websites-
Event @ a Glance:
Supernova Arena & Convention Centre, Yelahanka, Airport Road, Bangalore-560064
The event is also taking place at Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi and Mumbai
Darude, Taboo – Black Eyed Peas, Dirty Vegas, Yves Larock